Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common birth defect and accounts to one-third of all congenital anomalies. Studies have proved that Fetal Echocardiography helps in effective identification and enhanced pre-natal detection of CHD. Having said that, accurate identification of fetal anomalies, needs the radiologist to be sufficiently trained and appropriately skilled.
What is REFER Series?
REFER series stands for ‘Radiology Education For Enhancement of Radiologists’. This is an educational initiative by Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan, a renowned and one of the most rewarded radiologists in the space of Fetal Echocardiography.
Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan (MBBS, MD, DNB Radiology) Chief consultant Radiologist and Head of the department- Radiology, Fortis hospital (Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, India), who has 20+ years of experience in Obstetrics imaging (NT scan, TIFFA scan, Fetal Echo, Fetal MRI), Trans vaginal scanning, Mammography and Infertility imaging. Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan is National Award winner for work in Fetal Genetics (2016)- Project Smart Fetus by Quality Council of India - New Delhi. View Profile
Master class in Fetal Echocardiography
This ‘Master Class in Fetal Echocardiography’, is the first in ‘REFER Series’ developed and delivered by Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan to bring about significant improvement in the standards of fetal imaging and early detection of fetal anomalies.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
This 4-module online course covers all the important aspects of fetal cardiac scanning, including cardiac embryology, circulation, the basics of echocardiography, normal views, common fetal cardiac anomalies, major lethal anomalies with presentation of multiple cases and finally tips & tricks which will enable the radiologists to understand the presentation of various anomalies in a better way.
Who Should Take Up This Course?
Master Class in Fetal Echocardiography is exclusively meant for practicing radiologists, post graduate (MD, DMRD, DNB - radiology students).
Content of the course is designed to meet the requirement of students, beginners or those who already have some degree of competency in scanning and who wish to improve their skills specifically in Fetal Echocardiography without any interruption of their routine practice.
On completion of this course, the radiologists should be able to:
- Understand and recognize the basic cardiac embryology and fetal circulation
- Perform basic and advanced Fetal Echocardiography in an improved way
- Identify the common forms of congenital heart disease with enhanced accuracy
- Relate abnormal Echocardiography findings to the clinical outcome
Dr. Bhaskar Rajakumar
MD Radiology, MBA
Course Curriculum of Fetal Echocardiography
- Part 1 : Introduction
- Part 2 : Need for fetal echo
- Part 3 : Fetal Echo- Basics
- Part 4 : Fetal Biometry- A
- Part 5 : Fetal Biometry- B
- Part 6 : Abnormal Fetal Echo- Introduction
- Part 7 : Abnormal Fetal Echo- Simple defects & AVSD
- Part 8 : Abnormal Fetal Echo- Left Heart Abnormalities
- Part 9 : Abnormal Fetal Echo- Right Heart Abnormalities
- Part 10 : Isomerism & Transposition
- Part 11 : Talk on Isomerism
- Part 12 : TAPVC
- Part 13 : Arrhythmia
- Part 14 : Autopsy
- Part 15 : Cardiac Cine- A
- Part 16 : Cardiac Cine- B
- A certificate of completion will be issued after a successful score of > 60% in the summative assessments.
- MD (Radiology) or DNB (Radiology)/ DMRD/ Radiology Post graduate
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/Letter from HOD during online submission of application
* Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s).
* Applicant should enclose a valid address proof (Aadhar card/ Passport/ Driving license)
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
No. The aim of this course is to be a form of continuing professional development that will increase your clinical knowledge on Fetal Echocardiography and make you better primary care providers. It is not a replacement to formal medical education and specialization.
Once you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a unique enrollment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrollment, please feel free to call us on +91 78929 39817 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is always ready to assist for queries, feel free to call us on +91 78929 39817 (Mon-Fri, 9AM – 6 PM), email us on email@example.com. We promise to resolve the query at the earliest.
All assessments are online and MCQ based. You will also be given a final exam (Summative test), successful completion of which will make you eligible for the certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 6 months or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
If you are not able to clear the test in the provided number of attempts. You have to pay Re-exam fee, for details Contact +91 78929 39817 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that something is wrong with respect to the content or assessment, you can write at email@example.com, directing it to the course coordinator, Dr Bhaskar Rajakumar.
Once you successfully pass your final exam, you can download the E-Certificate from Mediknit.org. If you need assistance, please feel free to call on +91 78929 39817.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes. The course and the content is relevant across the globe for radiologists. International Students before enrolling can contact the learner management team by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 78929 39817
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and the course being delivered by well- renowned clinical expert in the field of fetal imaging. This training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding of the role of fetal echocardiography in prenatal screening. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
Yes, it is completely an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. This program is available for a duration of 6 months or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
* Fees inclusive of 18% GST
* At no instance the registration fees shall be refunded, if the applicant is either disqualified or fails to take up the course.
* On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement.
* Course fees either in part or in full shall not be refunded if the applicant fails to complete the course.
* ADDRESS PROOF (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK)
* UG CERTIFICATE
* PG CERTIFICATE/ LETTER FROM HOD